Recently I added a webpart to a page in Sharepoint with some bad code in it. As a result I wasn't able to load the page anymore. The only thing I had to do was remove the webpart, so I found this little trick. If you add ?Contents=1 to the end of the URL of the page containing the webpart it displays the Webpart Page Maintenance page. Here you can remove the bad webpart.
An example of a URL: http://moss/default.aspx?contents=1
After that I decided to collect some tricks and add them here, so here is a small list of links to useful Sharepoint resources.
- Sharepoint 2007 URL Quick List, containing a list of commonly used Sharepoint URLs (like the one above).
- Form settings is a nice feature to completely hide certain fields in forms, without writing code. Integrates with Sharepoint nicely.
- When you create webpartpages the navigation on the left side is gone. Using Sharepoint Designer this can easily be fixed.
- Very good post on customizing the results of people search in MOSS.
- If you have to migrate data from SQL Server to Sharepoint lists or vice versa and you can use Integration Services, this will be very useful. It adds a Sharepoint list source and destination to the toolbox of Business Intelligence Development Studio.
- Everything you need to know about Business Data Catalog. Great starting guide.
- Very good starting guide on using Reporting Services in Sharepoint.
Last revised: 19 Feb, 2012 01:56 PM